The Sankaty Head Light is a lighthouse located in the village of Siasconset It was built in 1850, was automated in 1965, and is still in operation. It is located at the easternmost point of the island.
Getting to the lighthouse;
Follow Broad Street up 6 blocks to Centre Street. Make a left onto Centre Street, and head south. Centre will do a quick jog, and change names to Orange Street. Continue on Orange Street to the rotary. Once in the rotary, you will pick up Milestone Road. Follow Milestone Road 6.5 miles to the end. Make a left (head north) onto Shell Road. This will change names to Sankaty Lane and Sankaty Ave. Follow this north to Bayberry Lane. Turn right onto Bayberry, follow this to the end, and then make a left onto Baxter. Continue north for about .5 miles to the Sankaty Head Lighthouse.
Access: The tower is owned by the Sconset Trust and is closed as it is an active aid to navigation. The grounds are open for visiting.